Sweet and Sour Pork and cabbage. This Sweet and Sour Cabbage is a delicious crunchy stir fry made with a sauce that is similar to the sweet and sour sauce you get from Chinese takeout places… but without the artificial color or This quick and easy Sweet and Sour Cabbage Stir Fry with Ground Pork will get your taste buds dancing! I think the sweet and sour is a Campbell Soup Recipe, not sure.but the addition of the cabbage is her idea. It's quick and easy and very tasty and a nice change from rice or pasta.give it a try and judge This recipe was given to me by my friend in Michigan who uses her fresh cabbage from the garden.
When I make it, I find myself picking the last pieces out of the pan with my fingers. Meanwhile, make the sweet and sour cabbage: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Cut the pork into slices and arrange on a warmed platter with the cabbage. You can have Sweet and Sour Pork and cabbage using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Pork and cabbage
- It’s 20 ounces of marinated Cabbage see my recipe.
- Prepare 2 pounds of pork loin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped dates.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of bananas.
- Prepare to taste of Caraway seeds.
Sweet and sour pork is one of the most popular Chinese restaurant dishes ever, but as with most classics, it's hard to find a go-to recipe. The pork is coated and fried until crispy, with tons of nooks and crannies that catch the sweet and sour sauce. You can use almost any cut of pork. Featuring pork, cabbage and apples, a German-style supper brings an Oktoberfest feel to your table throughout the year.
Sweet and Sour Pork and cabbage instructions
- Heat a pot and add Pork let cook till half done..
- Add carrots.
- Pour whole jar of marinated Cabbage.
- Stir well then add sugar and syrup.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Mash bananas.
- Add to cabbage pork mixture let simmer..
- Chop the dates.
- Add to the mixture. Simmer for 20 minutes covered..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
- Add Caraway seeds if you like..
Buttered egg noodles and thinly sliced cucumbers with green onions in a mint or herb vinaigrette would be delicious with the pork and cabbage. Sweet-and-Sour Cabbage. "I HELPED MOTHER shred the cabbage and cut up the apples for this recipe. One can see why after tasting a proper sweet and sour pork. Unlike its bastardized American cousin, guo bao rou is not cloyingly sweet. Pickled cabbage, or suan cai, is traditionally made by most households in giant clay vats.