Sour Milk Biscuits FUSF.
You can cook Sour Milk Biscuits FUSF using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour Milk Biscuits FUSF
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- You need 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tablespoons of cold, unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 tablespoons of cold lard.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need to taste of salt and sugar.
Sour Milk Biscuits FUSF instructions
- Preheat oven to 425º..
- If not using real buttermilk, add 1 tbsp lemon juice to 1 cup whole milk..
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl..
- Cut butter and lard to 1/4" slices, add to flour mixture. Using just the tips of your fingers, squeeze the pieces until pea size..
- Pour in 3/4 buttermilk, combine with spatula or flexible bench scraper until mixed together..
- Place dough on lightly floured working surface. Loosely form a rectangle, straightening all 4 sides with a metal bench scraper..
- Roll with pin to 12×9". Sprinkle lightly with salt and sugar. Fold over like a letter. Lift with metal bench scraper, scrape surface, lightly coat surface with flour again..
- Turning over, roll again with pin to 12×9". Use a larger biscuit cutter for 6, a smaller cutter for 12. Place on baking sheet with silpat or parchment. Sprinkle again with salt and sugar. Cover, let rest for 30 minutes..
- Bake for 7 minutes, rotate. Bake for another 3-5 minutes until golden brown on top..
- Add extras..