Grilled Jerk Chicken. Check Out Jerk Chicken Recipes On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over chicken pieces.
After the jerk chicken marinade is put together, it's time to slather it on the chicken. Begin by patting the chicken dry, using a paper. This is one of my nephew's favorite grilled recipes. You can have Grilled Jerk Chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Jerk Chicken
- Prepare 4-6 of each chicken, breast or thighs 6 oz. each (delicious with pork :).
- It’s of salt -to lightly season the chicken before it is marinaded.
- Prepare 2-3 ounces of lime juice-fresh is best- 2-3 limes.
- Prepare 3 ounces of oil.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ginger,powdered or 1 tablespoon fresh peeled and chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic-chopped.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of each scotch bonnet or habanero chilies wear gloves and take out the seeds for less heat.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cilantro -no stems.
This well rounded flavor of sweet, hot, herbal and spicy chicken can be served with rice, beans or pasta. Add chicken to marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade over chicken; toss to coat. When ready to grill, heat grill to medium-high and oil grates.
Grilled Jerk Chicken step by step
- Season the chicken lightly with salt.
- Mix the entire jerk marinade ingredients in the blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute..
- Place the chicken and jerk marinade in a 1 gallon zip-lock bag and let sit for at least 1 hour more time adds more flavor. (This can marinate overnight).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade an save the leftover marinade…you can brush the chicken with it just before you are done grilling..
- On a moderate heated grill Cook until the the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 -170 degrees F.. Use the left over marinade and brush over the chicken 3 minutes before it is finished..
- Cooking Notes -We also did this in a 350 degree oven and had very good results. Charcoal grill is my favorite !!!.
The Secret to Jerk Chicken is Fire. in Brooklyn to learn how to cook his famous jerk chicken. Grilled chicken is one of our favorite things to eat during the summer. It's got a great, lightly charred flavor and pairs perfectly with all our favorite seasonings. You'll want to make this all year round! Place chicken in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.