Rasta Pasta with Grilled Jerk Chicken. Rasta Pasta with Grilled Jerk Chicken #Mycookbook Spicy, creamy, quick and delicious!! You can sub the cream with coconut milk (I often make it that way as well). Serve hot with your grilled chicken on top (or you can toss the chicken in when you add the pasta to the pot) Add Step Add to plan Published by.
Rasta pasta is creamy pasta tossed with Caribbean style jerk chicken and sauteed bell peppers. This dish is so full of flavor, and makes a great weeknight dinner that can be made in just half an hour! It's creamy, rich, spicy, and cheesy. You can cook Rasta Pasta with Grilled Jerk Chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rasta Pasta with Grilled Jerk Chicken
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- You need 380 g of dry pasta (3 cups or so).
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1.5-2 cups of half and half cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 of tbsp+1 tbsp jerk seasoning (I like walkerswood or grace brand).
- Prepare 1/2 of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
To Make Grilled Chicken Rasta Pasta. Rub chicken with curry powder, allspice, thyme, and garlic. Then grill the chicken, onions, and bell peppers to achieve a smoky essence before adding it to the pasta. Boil pasta in salted water, then add green beans to blanche in the pasta water.
Rasta Pasta with Grilled Jerk Chicken step by step
- Using 2 tbsp of jerk seasoning, marinade chicken for 2 hours or over night (preferred).
- Grill your chicken on BBQ or indoor grill until juices run clear. Set aside of a bit before slicing..
- In a large pot, cook pasta to just shy of el dente, drain and set aside in colander while making the rest..
- In the same pot, add the olive oil and saute onion and garlic 2 min. Then add your jerk, thyme and cajun seasoning. Cook 1 more min.
- Add the chicken stock and cream. Cook on medium-high for 5 min or so then add your peppers. Add your parm cheese and continue cooking on medium until it looks like your sauce is beginning to thicken. Season with salt if needed.
- Add your pasta to the sauce and toss to combine and let everything hangout together for 10 min on low, stirring occasionally..
- Serve hot with your grilled chicken on top (or you can toss the chicken in when you add the pasta to the pot).
Try it with Jamaican Jerk Chicken. How to Make Rasta Pasta – the Recipe Method. Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes, and jerk seasoning to skillet. Quick tutorial on how to make Rasta Pasta with Jerk Chicken and Shrimp. Online ordering menu for JA Rasta Pasta and Seafood City, Inc.