Vegetarian Chicken Tacos. By Layla Published in All Recipes.. These southwest chicken-free tacos are super easy to make and taste just like chicken without all the mess and fuss. The flavor and texture of the chicken is just like regular chicken except it has a extra hint of flavor..
Layer on a taco (or burrito) with your favourite toppings for the ultimate vegan taco. These can be made ahead and reheated making dinner a breeze. #itdoesnttastelikechicken #tacos #veganrecipes #vegantaco And today, we're rocking some VEGAN Crispy Chicken Tacos. I got all of the ingredients for these tacos at Whole Foods, one of our partners for today's post! You can have Vegetarian Chicken Tacos using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Chicken Tacos
- It’s 2 packages of Quorn Chik'n Tenders (or any other meatless chicken).
- Prepare 18 of Corn Tortillas.
- Prepare 8 oz. of shredded Mexican Cheese.
- It’s 1 bag of Shredded Lettuce.
- Prepare 1-2 of diced Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of larges diced Avocado.
- It’s 6 teaspoons of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Vegetable Oil (for tortilla shells).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice.
These vegan Chicken Tacos are super flavorful, completely cruelty-free and made from scratch. Usually I'm more a wrap-person, so I wanted to change things up a bit and made smaller tortillas for tacos. I love food that you can eat with your hands. You probably wouldn't have guessed that with the sheer amount of finger food / party snacks I.
Vegetarian Chicken Tacos instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Preheat large skillet on medium heat with Olive Oil. Add both packs of Quorn Chik'n Tenders. Add salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, & cayenne pepper. Cook for 12-15 mins, stirring frequently. Add lemon and lime juices halfway to 3/4 way into cooking..
- While the "chicken" is cooking, heat vegetable oil in a smaller skillet at medium-high heat for tortilla shells. Fry shells for desired crispines (I cooked for about 30-60 seconds on each side.).
- After "chicken" and shells are done, stuff shell with Cheese, then add "chicken", then add more Cheese on top (for extra cheesiness, of course). Then place filled taco shells on a baking pan, bake for about 5 mins until golden brown and cheese is melted, or until desired crispiness..
- Add all the veggies you'd like and enjoy!.
- Here's a look at the cheesy deliciousness after the tacos come out of the oven..
The juicy seared seitan carne asada is thinly sliced then piled into warm corn tortillas and topped with pico de gallo, vegan queso fresco, and minced cilantro to serve. They are the most delicious vegan tacos! I think vegan taco superpower is making me drool on command. I collected these vegan taco recipes from my blogging friends across the web. To view a recipe just click on the image or title of the recipe.