Jake's south indian egg curry (from the land of spices). Indian egg curry has hard boiled eggs cooked in simple yet flavor packed Indian masala. And depending on your palate and spice level tolerance you can adjust the spice of this egg curry recipe. Every household have a recipe that may be slightly different from the rest when it comes to making.
Make extras because everyone will want seconds! Delicious egg curry made in a simple Indian style with basic ingredients. It is quick to make for a week night dinner if you have the boiled eggs ready. You can have Jake's south indian egg curry (from the land of spices) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jake's south indian egg curry (from the land of spices)
- Prepare 4 of Boiled eggs.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 3 large of green chillie.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala or egg masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of few cilantro and curry leaves (saperate).
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt (warning : always add salt as per your taste).
If you are a beginner or new to Indian cooking, I highly suggest you to check the supporting step by step photos for best results. The egg halves should remain as intact as possible. In a separate pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and fry the Served over basmati rice and with a side of Indian spiced roasted cauliflower. S., While my local Indian market is close by, I often will buy a pack of curry leaves and freeze them for use later.
Jake's south indian egg curry (from the land of spices) step by step
- Heat the oil and add onion, tomato, green chillies (slit in half) , ginger paste and garlic paste and saute untill golden brown ..
- To this add turmeric powder, garam masala( or egg masala) , coriander powder, pepper and curry leaves. saute for 2-3 minutes till the spice is mixed well with the rest of the veggies..
- Add coconut milk and stir. Then add salt (as per your taste) and Cilantro leaves and again stir till it boils..
- Add the boiled eggs and mix them in the curry..
- Serve it with any kind of bread.
- Note : Coconut milk can be added more if you need more gravy. You can also add water but we prefer coconut milk as it gives thick flavour..
- Along with chopped cilantro leaves, you can also add celery..
- Again the credit goes to my aunt who did a neat job of this wonderful recipe. I merely followed and noted down the instruction and took pics and off course ate it later lol.
- The taste is unbeatable, go for it. If you didnt like it, you can punch me.. softly on the cheeks :D.
This egg curry recipe from southern India features an exquisitely aromatic and flavorful sauce. It's one of India's most popular vegetarian curries! This southern Indian egg curry features a myriad of flavorful spices and the wonderful creaminess of coconut milk. Naturally meat-free, it's one of India's. South Indian Spicy Egg CurryCurry Trail. tomato puree, ginger garlic paste, salt, hard boiled eggs Chickpea Curry, South Indian StyleHoly Cow!