Vegetarian wonton soup. Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. It's so simple, like really, really simple. The soup part is literally just broth with some green onions tossed in to look all fancy (and because green onions are the bestest).
It becomes very warm in my city and everything spring is so nice and inspirational. This vegetarian wonton soup (also vegan friendly) is a great idea for breakfast. Personally I emphasize on the balance among different foods and love vegetarian wonton, vegetarian. You can have Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- It’s 1 package of round wonton wraps.
- Prepare 1 bag of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- Prepare 1 c. of small diced jicama.
- It’s 1 c. of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- You need 1 c. of small diced celery.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- It’s 1 c. of diced cabbage.
- You need 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 2 tbs of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of large carrot cut like flower.
- Prepare 5 of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- It’s 6 of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1-2 of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
Fill a small bowl with water. Arrange a wonton wrapper on work surface. Dip fingers in water and moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper. The Vegetarian Wonton Soup Recipe is one of the easiest soups to make when you have the dumplings/wontons also known as momos ready.
Vegetarian wonton soup instructions
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
The wonton soup gets its full-bodied flavor from the vegetable stock. But if you don't have vegetable stock you can always spice up the soup base with quick ingredients. In this recipe, I will show you how you can make the soup base as well. How to cook and serve wonton soup? The soup is the simplest thing once you are done with wrapping your wontons.