Christmas Deviled Eggs. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the water to a boil. Remove the eggs from the water and carefully peel them. Peel and cut eggs lengthwise in half.
In a small bowl, mash yolks. Using a slotted spoon, gently lower the eggs into the boiling. Deviled eggs and hard boiled eggs remain a popular appetizer for many parties and celebrations. You can have Christmas Deviled Eggs using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas Deviled Eggs
- It’s 1 of eggs.
- You need 1 of boiling water.
- It’s 1 of miracle whip or mayo.
- You need 1 of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of green olives (optional).
- It’s 1 each of bottle red and green food coloring.
- Prepare 1 of anything else you may want to add.
- Prepare 1 of bowl.
- Prepare 2 large of containers such as clean butter tubs.
- Prepare 6 cup of cool water.
I am amazed at all the creative egg ideas created these days! I LOVE making deviled eggs but I do not love the whole process of boiling water and timing the eggs out perfectly to de-shell them. This Egg Cooker has made it nearly impossible to mess up boiled eggs. If you are looking for festive holiday appetizers, try these Christmas Deviled eggs.
Christmas Deviled Eggs step by step
- Use as many eggs as you want to make and boil until hard boiled.
- Once cooking is done, remove from heat and rinse eggs with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Once eggs are cooled, peel and rinse all peeled eggs to get off any remaining shell pieces.
- Dry eggs well and cut in half as you would for deviled eggs.
- Place all yolks into the bowl. Add equal amounts of egg whites into the butter tubs, and fill with water until eggs are completely covered.
- Once whites are covered with water, add food coloring. As much or little as you like, and let soak for at least an hour..
- While they are soaking, add mayo, mustard, etc to make the filling to your liking, then cover until whites are done.
- After the hour is over, remove with slotted spoon and lay on paper towels to drain. Once they are drained and dry, fill with yolk mixture. Top with paprika, dill, green olives..its endless..
- Arrange in a pattern and serve immediately or cover with plastic and refrigerate until needed..
- Since I used red and green for Christmas, you can use any color to make it seasonal. Next time im going to try and color the yolks instead. These were gone within minutes !.
The deviled egg filling is made with healthy avocado rather than mayonnaise too! A perfect easy keto appetizer for the holidays. Each deviled egg half has just one net gram of carbohydrates. Once the eggs are cool, remove the shells by carefully tapping around the center and peeling. Deviled eggs are a traditional appetizer perfect for all Holidays.