Chicken Enchiladas. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Prepare your enchilada sauce.; In large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add diced chicken and green chiles, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
Stir in the chicken, beans and chiles. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. These easy, cheesy chicken enchiladas come together in a snap and are faster and way more delicious than fast food. You can have Chicken Enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchiladas
- Prepare of Tortillas.
- You need of Black olives (halved).
- You need of Cheese (I do a mix of shredded cheddar and mozzarella).
- It’s of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Avocado (sliced).
- Prepare of Green chives.
- Prepare of Chicken strips (cooked and shredded).
- Prepare of Enchilada sauce.
If you have leftover roast chicken, use that here. Alternatively, you can buy a rotisserie chicken if you don't feel like cooking your own. Also, don't use corn tortillas, as these have a tendency to break and be hard to roll. Whatever you do, though, don't forget the fresh.
Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large frying pan, cook your desired amount of chicken strips on medium heat until done. Use a lid while cooking to keep the chicken moist. Once done, transfer over to a bowl or plate and shred finely..
- Place some shredded chicken down the center of the tortilla. Next, add the black olives. Fold one side of the tortilla and then fold the other side on top; repeat these steps..
- Next, lay the bottom side of the enchilada down in a casserole dish (or whatever dish you are using). Note: make sure it is an oven-safe dish..
- Spread the enchilada sauce on top; sprinkle desired amount of cheese. Bake in the oven until cheese has melted..
- Once the cheese has melted, take out of the oven and serve hot..
- Drizzle sour cream on top; garnish with green chives. Add sliced avocado on the side or on top of the enchiladas..
- Indulge in this too-good-to-resist meal with family and friends!.
Enchiladas can be filled with anything you can think of! In this Chicken Enchiladas recipe, I used shredded chicken breast, but here's a few more ideas. Vegetarian enchiladas are great with refried beans or zucchini and cheese, then topped with sauce and more cheese. Leftover taco meat or picadillo also makes a great filling for enchiladas. Use tongs to toss the mixture and coat the chicken and cheese with the sauce.