Taro and sweet potato congee (dessert). Sweet Potato Congee is a Hokkien staple consisting of plain rice porridge and tender sweet potatoes. Usually eaten with side dishes and condiments. Plain congee, alongside with white rice are staples.
Sweet potato makes a healthy-ish addition to cakes, cupcakes, pies, and more. Plus, try our savory sweet potato recipes and sweet potato pies this fall!. The Ultimate Healthy Sweet Potato PieAmy's Healthy Baking. You can cook Taro and sweet potato congee (dessert) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taro and sweet potato congee (dessert)
- Prepare 1/2 of large taro diced into big chunks and steam for 10 minute.
- It’s of Fresh coconut milk of 1 coconut (milk it to app. 1.5 litre).
- It’s of Panda leaves for fragrant.
- Prepare 1 of cob of corn dettach from cob.
- Prepare of Tapioka pearls (cooked).
- Prepare of Purple sweet potato diced.
- You need of Sweet potato (yellow) diced.
- It’s of Castor sugar enough for sweetness.
Fluffy sweet potatoes mixed with butter, sugar, and vanilla, and baked with a crunchy pecan streusel topping. Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared. Purple Sweet Potato Sago dessert is a rich and flavourful dessert. The Orange Sweet Potato Tapioca Balls add some chewy texture to this yummy and nutritious.
Taro and sweet potato congee (dessert) instructions
- Bring your pandan and coconut milk to boil on a low heat, (keep stirring to avoid your coconut milk fat from separate from the liquid). Add the purple sweet potato and yellow potato cook until soft. Keep stirring..
- Add the taro chunks, corn and sugar (taste it look for sweet creamy taste) and tapioka pearls cook until soft congee consistency. Put the heat off when it's done..
- Serve while it's hot or put ice cubes before you serve (i like mine in the fridge before i eat them)..
- Tips : you can subtitute your tapioka pearls with chia pudding. Just add it on the final step after the heat is off, stir to combine..
Turn nutrient-rich sweet potatoes into a satisfyingly sweet dessert! Just bake and stuff with your favorite toppings. This particular dessert baked sweet potato is loaded with toasted coconut, coconut butter, cinnamon, almond butter, pecans and dark chocolate. Hard-boiled eggs, roasted sweet potatoes, and a creamy cashew dressing make this salad recipe a full meal, not a sidekick. Homepage > Recipes > Sweet Potato Recipes > Sweet Potato Kintsuba Recipe (Japanese Traditional Dessert / Wagashi).