Chicken, Carrot and Rice Bake. How to Make Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole. Begin by gathering everything that you will need for this easy chicken casserole recipe. This chicken and rice casserole is a meal in one dish, perfect for a busy family.
There's no need to pre-cook the rice, pre-cook the chicken, or pre-cook the veggies, making the cozy, family-friendly meal a simple option for busy nights! Chicken and Rice Casserole- a healthy from-scratch version made without canned soup! Cheesy Chicken Vegetable and Rice Casserole Day Old Rice Works Best Just as with fried rice, day-old or chilled rice works best for this recipe because it's a little more firm, allowing it to combine easily with the other ingredients without getting mushy. You can cook Chicken, Carrot and Rice Bake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken, Carrot and Rice Bake
- Prepare 1 of large pack chicken thighs (bone in, skin on).
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cans (10.5 ounce) of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can (14.5 ounce) of can heat roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (10 ounce) of diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro.
- Prepare 2 cups of uncooked long grain white rice (rinsed and drained).
- Prepare 1-1 lb. of pack baby carrots.
Chicken and rice casseroles are a staple of American cooking. This version uses cream of mushroom, cream of celery, and cream of chicken to give a rich flavor to a quick school-night dinner when getting your back-to-school routine settled. Oven Baked Chicken and Rice is a family friendly and healthy easy one pot meal made in the oven with just a few ingredients in just an hour. Baked Chicken is an easy dinner option for us, we have so many on the site including our super popular Baked Chicken Brown Rice Vegetable Casserole which is just like this dish except with brown rice and added vegetables!
Chicken, Carrot and Rice Bake instructions
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs…….
- Place thighs in a large baking pan……
- In a large bowl mix together: black pepper, crushed red pepper, ground cumin, garlic, cream of mushroom soups, heat roasted diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with lime juice and rinsed and drained white rice……stir until everything is mixed well…….
- Place rice mixture over chicken…….
- Now place your baby carrots all over rice and chicken…….
- Cover and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 2 hours……
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice is full of chicken, veggies, and cheesy rice. And, it all comes together in one skillet! To make this comforting, easy to prepare meal, start by sautéing some chicken in a large skillet with carrots, celery, onions, and garlic. Peel and cut the vegetables and herbs. In a large baking dish scatter the onions, potatoes and carrots, sprinkle with half the salt, pepper and half of the fresh herbs and half the olive oil.