Grilled Summer Corn Salsa. At least that's how we do summertime in the Midwest. Come for a visit and you'll see. We'll feed you lots of grilled corn, bbq chicken, and hard apple cider.
Let cool slightly, then slice the kernels off the corn with a knife. In a large bowl combine corn, avocado, tomatoes, onion and basil. Cut corn from cobs; cut the squash, red pepper and onion into bite-size. You can cook Grilled Summer Corn Salsa using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Summer Corn Salsa
- You need 3 of corn on the cobb, grilled on bbq.
- You need 1/2 of jalepeno, minced.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of tomato (or 2 handfuls cherry tomato), diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of crumbled queso fresco.
- It’s of Salt and pepper (to taste).
- You need Half of lime.
A quick, simple recipe utilizing all of New Jersey's favorite summer produce: tomatoes, peaches, and corn. Easily adjusted to suit your fancy in terms of sweet/spicy. A favorite in my house, where the saying goes 'the spicier the better,' and this salsa has the taste of sweet peaches in the background. Grilled corn shares the spotlight with grilled summer vegetables in this hearty salad.
Grilled Summer Corn Salsa instructions
- Grill your corn on bbq (about 5-8 min).
- Cut the corn off the cob while still warm and toss together with tbsp butter (try to do this while its warm so the butter melts).
- Add all the other diced ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the cheese and squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve as a side or with tortilla chips. FREAKIN YUM!!!.
Corn Salsa not only screams summer with its sweet flavor from the corn. It is a wonderful chance to use an assortment of ripe heirloom tomatoes too. I love to add a mixed color cup of tomatoes to give it an exciting look. With all the other traditional ingredients of a regular salsa corn salsa is a sweet and. This Grilled Summer Corn Salsa is a new and delicious way of preparing fresh corn that's easy to make and perfect for BBQs.