Fried gourami fish with sweet and spicy sour sauce. Sweet and sour is a very popular sauce in Chinese cuisine, with many different ways to make it. This recipe is the style that would be This sweet and sour sauce isn't just for Chinese food. Another way to prepare Chinese sweet and sour sauce: Ginger, garlic and green onions are always needed for a basic taste layer.
And it helped a lot that hubby has such a discerning Fishes with very delicate or flaky flesh aren't as suitable. That's because the flesh can come apart easily during frying. This quick and tasty sauce is sweet and sour as well as a little spicy. You can cook Fried gourami fish with sweet and spicy sour sauce using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried gourami fish with sweet and spicy sour sauce
- It’s 1/2 kg of gourami fish.
- It’s 1 of big onion (chopped).
- You need 1 of spring onion (chopped).
- You need 2 of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 of fresh tomato (cut into 4).
- It’s 2 of red chili (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of fresh chopped pinneaple.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 85 grams of mixing seasoned flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of buillon powder.
- Prepare of Frying oil.
- It’s of Water.
Grace Parisi's version is light as well as a little spicy, which allows the fresh, briny flavor of the crispy fish to come through. With the sweet and sour sauce still simmering, slowly stir in the cornstarch slurry until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon. For more detailed information on the many ways to use cornstarch to get authentic results at home with our recipes, see our post on How to Use Cornstarch in Chinese Cooking. Talk about a sauce that hits all of your taste buds.
Fried gourami fish with sweet and spicy sour sauce step by step
- Wash fish until clean then cut fish off the bone (cut into fillets). Dont throw the bones and head away..
- Mix 3 tbsp flour, little bit water, and mixing seasoned flour then coat the fish fillet in it. Coat the fish bone n head too.
- Heat frying oil in a pan then fry the fish..
- How to make a sauce: cut the pinneaple into cubes size.
- Saute the garlic first until fragrant then add chopped onion, red chili, spring onion, pinneaple and tomato then add tomato sauce and buillon powder. Stir then test taste.
- In separate place (in a cup of glass) mix 2 tbsp flour and 5 tbsp water then stir. Pour in a sauce pan then stir..
- Put "fried fish bone n head" on plate. Then put the "fried fish fillets" on it.
- Pour the sauce.
- Serve it.
Spicy sweet and sour sauce packs in so much flavor in such little space. It's a perfect dipping sauce for egg rolls or for use as a topper for sweet and sour chicken. Cayenne pepper brings the blaze in this recipe – a. This Chinese sweet and sour fish recipe uses fish fillets to create a stunning presentation while keeping the cooking process as easy as possible. The fish is shallow-fried until super crispy and then drizzled with a rich and aromatic sauce that is loaded with colorful peppers.