Sour Cream Noodle Bake.
You can cook Sour Cream Noodle Bake using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- You need 2 of lbs. hamburger.
- You need 1 cup of sliced green onions.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 pkg. (16 oz.) of wide egg noodles.
- It’s 2 cans (15 oz.) of tomato sauce.
- It’s 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 3 cups of cottage cheese.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of dried parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground red pepper.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a large pot cook hamburger with chopped onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper and parsley until browned; drain and return to pot..
- Add tomato sauce and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles as directed on package. Drain and return to pot..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese with a little salt, some pepper and the ground red pepper..
- Fold in the chopped green onions..
- Add the cheese mixture to the cooked noodles; mix well..
- Prepare a 9×13 dish for baking for this meal and one for freezing. Place 1/4 of the noodle mixture into each dish..
- Top each dish with a 1/4 of the meat mixture..
- Top each dish with a 1/4 of the cheddar cheese..
- Repeat all steps in a second layer to use up all remaining ingredients..
- Place one 9×13 dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly..
- Allow the freezer dish to cool completely, then cover in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store in freezer. Tip: Write date, dish name, oven temp and time on top of aluminum foil..