Bulgogi Beef (Asian). Your comprehensive guide to making the most delicious bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef) at home! With this, you can make mildly sweet, savory, smoky, juicy and tender delicious bulgogi. WHAT IS BULGOGI Literally speaking, bulgogi (불고기) means 'fire meat'.
Bulgogi, a Korean classic of marinated grilled beef, is easy to make and fun to eat; it's no wonder it is one of the country's most successful culinary exports As with most Korean barbecue, the meat is seasoned with sesame and scallion, and has ripe pears in the marinade to tenderize the meat and add a characteristic sweetness Round, pale yellow Asian pears are traditional, but Bosc pears. You should be able to find all of the ingredients needed for our Korean beef bulgogi recipe easily at the grocery store or Asian markets at any time of the year. Thinly sliced beef Having thinly sliced beef is one of the most important components in making great bulgogi. You can have Bulgogi Beef (Asian) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bulgogi Beef (Asian)
- Prepare of Base.
- It’s 2 Lbs of Sirloin or Flank Steak.
- Prepare 2 Cup of Jasmine Rice.
- Prepare 1 of Asian Pear.
- It’s of Flavor.
- You need 1/2 Bunch of Green Onions.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 of Tbps Sesame Oil.
- You need of Gojuchang Paste.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Ginger.
- Prepare of Add ins.
- It’s of Toasted Seaweed.
Beef Bulgogi to rival any Korean restaurant is easy to cook at home! Beef Bulgogi is crazy tender and juicy seeping with mildly sweet, savory, smoky flavors from the soy, sesame, garlic, ginger marinade. It is intensely flavorful, and tantalizingly delicious. Ground beef bulgogi is great basic recipe that can perform many different ways!
Bulgogi Beef (Asian) instructions
- Prep: Put steak in Freezer for 10-20min till the meat is stiff. Then take it out and thinly slice..
- Prep: Slice green onion thinly, Grate the pear, & Mince Garlic..
- Prep: Combine all ingredients and marinate steak for 1hr, flip half way through..
- Prep: Rinse rice under cold water till no longer cloudy..
- Cook: Put the 2 Cups of rice in a medium pot on the stove and add 3 Cups of water. Then bring to a boil and cover. Reducing heat to simmer for 8 min before turning off..
- Cook: Heat pan to Medium-High heat and add just a tiny bit of cooking oil to protect the pan. Then cook meat in batches, removing pieces as they reach desired doneness..
- Serve with Rice & Seaweed..
Combine beef, garlic, onion, soy sauce, mirin, sugar, plum extract and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. These Korean tacos are a medley of explosive flavors and textures in each mouthwatering bite! These Korean Tacos are insanely delicious loaded with juicy, caramelized Beef Bulgogi, topped with vibrant, refreshing Asian Pear Mango Slaw and drizzled with silky, cool Gochujang Crema. Now this recipe is a twist on the traditional Korean dish, bulgogi, but it's a cheater version using ground beef instead of thin slices of sirloin, making this a budget-friendly dish. If you like Asian-fusion dishes, you can check out our Chicken Taquitos with Spring Roll Wrappers recipe and Sushi Pizza recipe!