Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom). The base for Lo mai gai is usually glutinous rice, chicken, Chinese mushrooms, Chinese sausage, scallions and at times even dried shrimp or salted egg. What you add to your Lo Mai Gai is entirely. Loh mai kai is a popular snack served at Chinese dim sum.
Slice mushrooms and lapcheong to stir fry in garlic and oil. Heat up oil in pan to fry the. How to make delicious Loh Mai Kai or Chicken Glutinous Rice, a Cantonese delicacy forming a part of the variety of Dim Sum In Malaysia. You can have Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom)
- Prepare 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- Prepare 2 of boneless thighs.
- Prepare 6 of Chinese mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of lapcheong (Chinese sausage).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 of egg (optional).
- It’s of Glutinous Rice Seasoning.
- You need 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fried shallot oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of water x2.
- You need of Chicken Marinade.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chinese cookong wine.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger juice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dark soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of 5 spice powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Loh Mai Kai or Chicken Glutinous Rice is simply glutinous rice topped with fragrant chicken pieces, Chinese mushrooms, Chinese sausages and Char Siew pork! Dim Sum, literally translated means "touch the heart" so a good Loh Mai Kai or Chicken Glutinous Rice. Lo Mai Gai is the transliteration of 糯米鸡 in Cantonese, which means steamed glutinous rice with chicken. There are two variations of the glutinous rice with chicken.
Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) instructions
- Rinse and soak glutinous rice for at least 6 hours, then drain. (Note: This helps to soften the rice).
- Marinate chicken, soak mushrooms. Slice mushrooms and lapcheong to stir fry in garlic and oil..
- Boil egg and slice into 6 wedges. Stir fry chicken with marinade..
- Heat up oil in pan to fry the glutinous rice in seasoning and 1/2 cup of water till fragrant. Add the other 1/2 cup of water at the end to stand for a bit..
- Put some chicken, mushrooms, lapcheong and an egg wedge into each bowl. Then add glutinous rice. Place bowls into steamer..
- Pour leftover sauce from chicken into each bowl and steaming for about 30 minutes. Topple bowl contents onto a plate to serve..
In Malaysia, we place the chicken, Chinese sausage, and mushroom in small steel bowls, then topped with the glutinous rice and steam. Lo Mai Gai is a popular and super tasty dimsum dish of steamed glutinous rice topped with Chinese sausage and dark soy sauce chicken and mushrooms. I finally made Lo Mai Gai (Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken). It was on my to-do list for a while as I had mentioned this dish in my Savory Steamed Glutinous Rice post Lo Mai Gai (steamed glutinous rice with chicken) is the specialty Dim Sum of Singapore and Malaysia. This recipe works because it is based on the test combination of ingredients in Cantonese.