Enchilada Casserole. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and salsa; set aside. It's cheesy, it's spicy, it's sinfully delicious.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. This Beef Enchilada Casserole has layers of ground beef, beans, tortillas and cheese, all smothered in enchilada sauce and baked to perfection. Serve this easy meal with a fresh tossed salad or a size of Mexican rice for an easy dinner that's sure to be a crowd pleaser!. You can have Enchilada Casserole using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Enchilada Casserole
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1/2 can of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 c of Butter.
- You need 1 1/2 c of Cheese (shredded).
- Prepare 6-8 of White Corn Tortillas.
I am a huge fan of enchiladas, who doesn't love this classic Mexican dish?! Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the sour cream mixture, and half of the enchilada sauce. This easy chicken enchilada casserole is so simple to put together, but really delivers in the flavor department. I love Mexican food, especially enchiladas but sometimes I just don't have the time to individually roll a million enchiladas.
Enchilada Casserole step by step
- Brown ground beef and onions in large frying pan..
- Add in salt, pepper, chili powder, and tomato sauce..
- Rub butter around casserole dish..
- Butter tortillas. Put 2 tortillas on bottom of casserole dish. Cover the tortillas with 1/3 meat mixture, 1/3 cheese, and 1/3 olives..
- Put 2 tortillas onto of the above layer and add 1/3 meat mixture, 1/3 cheese, and 1/3 olives..
- Repeat step 5..
- Pour 1 cup water on top and put foil over pan (or casserole lid)..
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes..
This casserole has all of the same flavors in half the prep time. This easy chicken enchilada casserole recipe. I first shared it on the blog about four years ago, as a stackable casserole riff on my favorite chicken enchilada recipe. And in the years since, it has continued to be a regular in my rotation, as well as a total fave with family and friends. Taste of Home has the best chicken enchilada casserole recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips.