Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti.
You can cook Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti
- You need 4 quarts of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 12 ounces of ziti pasta.
- Prepare 2 ounces of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sweet Italian turkey sausage link — remove from the skin (pork works great too).
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- It’s 1 of small Vidalia onion — julienne.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 of small jalapeno (if you like it spicy leave the seeds in) — finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium red bell pepper — julienned.
- It’s 3 ounces of button mushroom — quartered.
- It’s 14 1/2 ounces of petite diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 ounces of tomato paste.
- Prepare 8 ounces of heavy cream.
- You need as needed of salt.
- You need 8 leaves of basil — chiffonade cut (fine ribbon).
- Prepare of as desired Parmesan cheese.
Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti step by step
- Bring the water to a boil with the salt. Cook the pasta per the box directions. Drain and place in a covered bowl..
- In a large sauce pot break up the sausage and saute the sausage with the olive oil until lightly browned about 4 minutes over a moderately high heat.
- Add the garlic and the onions and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the fennel seed, oregano and black pepper..
- Add the jalapenos and the red bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the diced tomatoes with juice the tomato paste and heavy cream and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt as needed Add the cut basil and add just before service..
- Toss with the pasta and serve..