Curried Oxtails. This is indeed the ultimate curry oxtail recipe – I assure you. If doing this the gluten free way do pay attention to the ingredient list above, especially the 'curry powder' as some brands of curry tend to add flour as a filler to their curry blend and will not conform to your gluten free dietary needs. Heat still on low, toast the curry powder to release the aroma of all the spices which make up the curry powder and to cook-off the sort of 'raw' curry taste.
Place oxtail in a shallow dish. Combine Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, garlic and herb seasoning, browning sauce, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Curry oxtail with canned butter beans is a favourite among Jamaicans, and I will share with you simple step by step instructions, how to slow cook this dish. You can cook Curried Oxtails using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Curried Oxtails
- It’s 3 lb of ox tails trimmed and clean.
- You need 4 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 of thyme sprigs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 3 clove of sliced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of salt/pepper.
- It’s 2 of sliced onions.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1 of splash of sherry.
Click here for oxtail soup and authentic Jamaican oxtail stew. Curry oxtail with butter beans, boiled corn, French fried chicken. Making the curry: Deglaze the pan with the stout. This step will awaken the spices which make up the curry blend.
Curried Oxtails step by step
- Season ox tails with salt, pepper, curry powder, garlic powder, and garlic slices. ( Placed sliced onions with obtains and marinate over night..
- Add oil to large pot and sear oxtails on each side to seal in flavor. Add onions and garlic slices on oil. When oxtails are browned. Add water, sherry, remaining curry powder, thyme, ketchup & stir.
- Cover with pot lid and cook on low simmer for 2-3 hours. Serve with rice. You can add any seasonings or veggies ex. Beans, potatoes, carrots. My hubby likes it plain…make it your own!.
Add oxtail to the pot and Meanwhile in the same bowl you marinated the oxtail, add the water and move around to pick up any remaining marinade (set aside). Place the lid on the pot and bring to a boil. It has since been synonymous with Jamaican cuisine ever since. This is my Jamaican oxtail recipe which I've used to feed many satisfied palates. Let's get going, and learn how to cook Jamaican oxtails.