Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss). Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss) 'Lemper' is one of the popular Indonesian 🇮🇩 savory snacks made of glutinous rice (sticky rice) filled with seasoned shredded chicken, fish, or meat floss, wrapped with banana leaves and then pan fried to impart that leaves flavor into the cake 😋😋😋 If you. Lemper is an Indonesian savoury snack made of glutinous rice filled with seasoned shredded chicken, fish or abon (). The specific lemper filled with seasoned shredded chicken is called lemper ayam (lit: chicken lemper).
Great recipe for Lemper Ayam (Chicken wrapped in Glutinous Rice). A very famous snack in Indonesia. if you like spicy, you can add chilli in your chicken filling. Recipe is adapted from another cookpad author too:. You can have Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss) using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss)
- It’s of For the glutinous rice:.
- You need of banana leaves for wrapping.
- Prepare 250 gr of glutinous rice, washed, soaked in water for 3 hours, drained.
- Prepare 250 ml of coconut milk 2 Indonesian bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of pandan leaf.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Chicken Floss Filling:.
- It’s 250 gr of boneless chicken breast, boiled until cooked, finely shredded.
- It’s 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- Prepare 100 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar or to taste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Ground spices:.
- It’s 5 cloves of shallots.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of nut megs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder.
Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. My mom's delicious and super easy no wrap Indonesian lemper ayam recipe is a must to have in your recipe archive. This jajanan pasar (street food) is a crowd pleaser for sure. This is list of Indonesian snacks.
Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss) instructions
- For the glutinous rice: Heat the steamer over high heat until hot and boiling..
- Steam glutinous rice for 15 minutes. In another pot, bring the coconut milk to boil. Remove from the heat. Remove the glutinous rice from the steamer..
- Add the glutinous rice into the hot coconut oil. Mix well. Continue to stir until the coconut milk is absorbed by the rice..
- Steam for another 30 minutes until the rice is soft and cooked through. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- How to cook the chicken floss: Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Sauté ground spices, kaffir lime leaves, and bay leaves until fragrant. Add shreded chicken. Add salt dan sugar. Test the taste..
- Continue to sauté until the coconut milk is absorbed. Keep storing until the chicken is dry. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- How to assemble the lemper: Divide the glutinous rice into 2 parts. Note: Wear plastic gloves before you do this part!.
- Press half of the cooked warm glutinous rice into a 20×20 cm baking pan using the tip of a spoon (or you can use your fingers. Please make sure you wear plastic gloves so the rice won’t stick to your fingers). Really pack it down hard!.
- Spread the filling evenly leaving no gap all over the rice..
- Spread the other half of the rice on top of the filling. Pack it down hard again!.
- Let the ‘lemper’ cool down completely before cutting. Use a plastic knife or a knife coated with plastic to cut the lemper..
- Wrap each piece with banana leaves..
- Grilled them on top of lined frying pan until fragrant and the banana leaves turn to brown. Yum! 😋.
In Indonesian snacks are called kudapan, makanan kecil (lit. "small food") or makanan ringan (lit. "light food"). They might tasted savoury or sweet, snack foods are a significant aspect of Indonesian cuisine which is very diverse. Traditional kue snacks — a collection of steamed or fried snacks with rice-flour and coconut sugar-based ingredients, exist in. Lemper is an Indonesian savoury snack made of glutinous rice filled with seasoned shredded chicken, fish or abon (). The specific lemper filled with seasoned shredded chicken is called lemper ayam (lit: chicken lemper).