Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese. Basil Blends Well With Tomatoes & Is A Key In Most Tomato Sauced Italian Dishes. / Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Rustic Tomato Basil Soup. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Rustic Tomato Basil Soup. And a combo of grilled cheese with tomato basil soup—all the better! 🙂.
In a soup kettle, bring the crushed tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and ½ cup butter. At least one half of this entire roasted tomato basil soup with ricotta grilled cheese meal is vegetarian. You can have Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can diced tomatoes Basil and garlic and oregano or 3-4 regular size cans.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need Pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of Grilled cheese.
- It’s of Bread.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of Cheese.
The soup is totally vegetarian — the sandwich is not. That said, this soup is bomb. It's so richly flavored, with plenty of heat and the right amount of sweetness. When you tear apart that gooey ricotta grilled cheese and gratuitously bathe it in the soup, your world will stop for a few.
Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese step by step
- In food processor or blender blend all the tomatoes. Many need to do in batches don’t over load..
- Add tomatoes in a pot or Instant pot/ ninja foodie..
- Add salt and pepper to taste, water, and chicken stock.cook until it bubbling, stirring occasionally. For instant pot use sautéed mode..
- Meanwhile make the grilled cheese, and when soup is done remove from heat and let cool down some. After all of the grilled cheese sandwich are all made… add in the 1/2 cup of heavy cream to the soup and blend it in well. Done ✅.
- Notes- if you don’t have any chicken stock, use 2 cups of water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes, that what I used I hardly ever have any stock..
Rach slathers her grilled cheese sandwich with a quick and easy basil-mint pesto. For a sweet & savory riff, check out her Grilled Cheese with Blackberry, Balsamic and Basil. Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick. These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added. This Tomato Basil Soup (with Grilled Cheese) is my new comfort food favorite.