Sweet and sour Chicken. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. You can cook Sweet and sour Chicken using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour Chicken
- It’s 2 cup of boneless chicken- cubed.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water, plus extra for snow peas.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of package snow peas.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 1 (20 oz) of can pineapple chunks (save juice).
- You need 1 of large red pepper, sliced.
- It’s 4 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of small jar of maraschino cherries.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract (rum extract can be substituted).
- It’s 1 of salt – to taste.
- It’s 1 dash of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of toasted almonds.
- You need 1 of You can add whatever vegies you like.
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp.
Sweet and sour Chicken instructions
- In a large saucepan cook water, brown sugar, cornstarch, 1/2 amount of pineapple juice in can and 2-3 tsp cherry juice from jar on medium to combine. Turn down to low..
- In a saute pan, cook chicken in oil and then add the mushrooms and pepper slices. In a small saucepan cook the peapods in a little water with salt and sugar til tender..
- Combine the chicken and veggies in the sauce and add 1/2 the can of pineapple chunks and 10-20 cherries..
- Serve over rice and top with toasted almond slivers.
- Mix cold water with 6 Tbsp cornstarch stirring to make thick liquid. Pour into the brown sugar mixture and stir continuosly to thicken.*.
This takes some time in preparation but you can also use frozen chicken. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the.