Sweet and Sour Chicken. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. You can cook Sweet and Sour Chicken using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Chicken
- It’s 900 g of Boneless Skinless Chicken.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Corn Starch.
- It’s 3 of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Canola Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 4 Tb of Ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 Tb of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp.
Sweet and Sour Chicken instructions
- Preheat Oven to 325°F..
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper..
- Mix the corn starch with the chicken to coat..
- Whisk eggs together in a shallow pie plate..
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until very hot and rippling..
- Dip the cornstarch-coated chicken pieces in the egg and place them carefully in a single layer in the hot skillet..
- Cook for 30-40 seconds on each side until the crust is golden but the chicken is not all the way cooked through (it’s important to have a hot skillet)..
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in a 9X13-inch baking dish..
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and pour over chicken..
- Bake for one hour, turning the chicken once or twice while cooking to coat evenly with sauce..
- Serve over hot, steamed rice..
- If more sauce is desired, double the sauce recipe and cook half on the stove top on a simmer for 8-10 minutes to reduce and thicken..
This takes some time in preparation but you can also use frozen chicken. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the.