Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy. Sweet and Sour Baby Bok Choy. Bok Choy is one of my favorite vegetables. It has its own spiciness that is complimented by the sweetness of the sauce in this recipe.
Baby bok choy and Bok choy are basically the same things. That said, this Ginger Garlic Noodle Soup with Bok Choy could technically handle either baby bok choy or bok choy. Easy and simple baby bok choy salad that is spicy, tangy and mildly sweet. You can have Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy
- It’s 6 cups of baby bok choy that's been sliced into roughly 1/3" strips on the diagonal (this was about 3 med heads of baby bok choy).
- Prepare 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- It’s 1-1.5 Tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1.5-2 Tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1-1.5 Tablespoons of chili garlic paste or sambal oelek (you can use sriracha in a pinch).
- Prepare of Optional yummy additions:.
- You need 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare of toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
Great side dish to any meal. Try making this spicy baby bok choy salad with your next meal. Excellent side dish for any Korean meal but can be eaten any which way. Bites of bok choy (both its tender leaves and crisp stems) lend refreshing texture to the dish, contrasting delightfully with the chewy rice To the pan, add the bok choy, soy glaze, black bean sauce, ½ cup of water and as much of the gochujang as you'd like, depending on how spicy you'd.
Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the bok choy with the salt and toss thoroughly. Let it sit for 30 minutes to extrude water, re-tossing once or twice during this time to make sure the salt is evenly distributed..
- After 30 minutes, you'll see quite a bit of water has extruded from the bok choy. Take the bok choy in large handfuls and squeeze firmly in a two-handed fist to press out the excess liquid and set aside in another bowl. This salting, extruding and squeezing process is what lends the bok choy that lovely pickled crunch. :).
- Add the remainder of the ingredients, starting at the lower end of the measurements and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and enjoy!.
Learn how to make Spicy Ginger Shrimp with Baby Bok Choy & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. This quick steak stir-fry has some of my favorite foods; skirt steak, baby bok choy and zucchini plus carrots, scallions, garlic and ginger. I reduced the oil, added more veggies and changed the sauce because I wanted that salty, sweet, sour and spicy flavor combination. Cook's Note: Spicy sesame oil is available in the Asian section of most supermarkets, but you could also substitute a combination of regular sesame oil and red chilli flakes to. Baby bok choy (photographed here) is about half that size and has a milder flavor that many people prefer over the more pungent adult version.