Garlic Fried Rice. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant and lightly browned. Stir in rice and cook until coated and heated through.
What Is Filipino Garlic Fried Rice? Garlic fried rice is a favorite side dish in the Philippines. It's simple to make (you don't have to worry about all the add ins of Chinese fried rice or Thai fried rice) and the garlic elevates the flavor of the rice making this easy dish so much more than a plain rice side dish. You can have Garlic Fried Rice using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Fried Rice
- It’s of Cooked white rice for 2 pax.
- You need of Fried garlic chips.
- Prepare of Some finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Finely chopped red carrots.
- Prepare of Chopped long beans.
- You need of Chopped spring onion.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of stock powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
How Do You Make Garlic Fried Rice? Transfer fried rice to a platter and scatter cilantro, sesame seeds, and remaining garlic chips on top. Store airtight at room temperature. (That combination of the wings and the garlic fried rice is a regular at our house! This recipe calls for leftover rice.
Garlic Fried Rice instructions
- Heat up butter in wok and add 2 tbsp garlic oil. Stir fry chopped garlic and spinkle black pepper. Add in long beans and chopped red carrots..
- Add in white rice and toss around to separate the rice from crumble up together..
- Add in seasonings and continue to stir fry..
- Push the rice aside, add some oil in the wok and add in eggs. Let the eggs settle a bit and stir mixed with the rice. Let the eggs coat the rice and absorb it's aroma. Add in chopped spring onions. Stir and toss rice til light brown and serve. Garnish with garlic chips..
You can also use freshly cooked rice, and I would recommend using fragrant Jasmine rice for the best flavor and aroma. the rice grains are a little stickier and chewier than the basmati or American Grained rice, so you will. [Photographs: Vicky Wasik] Oily garlic fried rice is the perfect complement to chicken adobo, but it's also a great side dish in its own right. In this recipe, we've chosen to include an additional step in which the oil used to fry the rice is infused with garlic beforehand, after which the garlic bits are strained out and added back to the rice at the end. It may sound like a pungent way to get your day started, but Sinangag (a.k.a. Garlic Rice) is a brilliant way to transform boring leftover rice into a garlicky flavor-bomb that will awaken your senses. Served alongside a fried egg with some Tocino, Tapa, or Longanisa, it's a key part of breakfast in the Philippines.