You can have Beef Caldereta using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Caldereta
- Prepare 1/2 kilogram of Beef Cubes.
- Prepare 4 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 2 pieces of Red Onion.
- You need 1 piece of Carrot.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Potato.
- It’s 1 piece of Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 70 grams of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 pieces of Finger Chili.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Pickle Relish.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Green Peas.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Rock Salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Fish Sauce.
- It’s 3 liters of Water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Canola Oil.
Beef Caldereta step by step
- BOIL THE BEEF UNTIL TENDER. I use a manual pressure cooker to tenderize the beef. DISCLAIMER: If you are going to use a pressure cooker, make sure to read and follow the instruction manual of your cookware..
- Prepare the vegetables. While boiling the beef cubes: Wash all the vegetables. Peel and chop the garlic. Peel and slice the red onion. Peel the carrots and potatoes then cut into 1-inch wedges or cubes. Soak the potatoes in water to prevent them from turning brown in color. Cut off the stem of the red bell pepper, remove the seeds and slice into pieces..
- COOK THE CALDERETA. In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic and red onion in canola oil for about 2-3 minutes. Add the boiled beef cubes, season with salt & pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, pickle relish, and around 5 ladles of beef broth; cover and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add the potatoes, red bell pepper, finger chili, and 5 more ladles of beef broth; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in the tomato paste and peanut butter, until fully diluted, followed by the green peas and fish sauce..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer with occasional stirring for 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens to your preferred consistency. Adjust with salt and pepper according to taste. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve with hot steamed rice..