Granola. This granola recipe is also a far more healthy granola option, since it's made with whole grains, unrefined oil and naturally sweetened. You just can't beat freshly baked granola packed with delicious and good-for-you ingredients. Plus, homemade granola is super easy to make.
How To Make Easy Homemade Granola. Homemade granola couldn't be easier with Alton Brown's recipe from Good Eats on Food Network. Maple syrup sweetens this healthy melange of oats and nuts. You can cook Granola using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Granola
- Prepare 4 cup of rolled oats.
- It’s 1 cup of dried nuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Homemade Granola Make your own homemade granola, with endless combinations! You can use different types of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, sweeteners, and spices. From Joanne Ozug of Fifteen Spatulas. Dumped over yogurt, granola is my easiest breakfast.
Granola step by step
- Mix oats with sugar, cinnamon, salt and nuts in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey and oil. Pour the mixture on the oats..
- Make sure the oats are well covered by the oil and honey. Then spread on a rimmed tray in a thin layer..
- Cook for 30min at 300°F. Stir at 15min..
Snatched from the jar by the handful, it's my favorite snack. And sometimes, floating in a bowl of cold milk, granola is my late-night dinner. Granola is a breakfast food and snack food consisting of rolled oats, nuts, honey or other sweeteners such as brown sugar, and sometimes puffed rice, that is usually baked until it is crisp, toasted and golden brown. During the baking process, the mixture is stirred to maintain a loose breakfast cereal consistency. Dried fruit, such as raisins and dates, and confections such as chocolate are.