Juicy Grilled Stuffed Squid. Great recipe for Juicy Grilled Stuffed Squid. This is an easy grilled squid recipe that is a perfect meal with the family especially during summer. It can be paired with freshly cooked steamed rice together with an ice-cold beverage.
Brush the pan with canola oil and heat over the stove on high heat. Join Brad Leone in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen as he makes grilled (and stuffed!) squid. These squid tubes are stuffed with tentacles, shrimp, scallions, garlic, ginger. You can have Juicy Grilled Stuffed Squid using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Juicy Grilled Stuffed Squid
- Prepare 4 pieces of Squid.
- You need 4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Red Onion.
- It’s 1 piece of Finger Chilies.
- You need 1/8 cup of Cilantro Leaves.
- You need 1 inch of thick Ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Rock Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of Canola Oil for greasing.
Join Brad Leone in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen as he makes grilled (and stuffed!) squid. To avoid getting tough and chewy squid, you … Grilled Stuffed Squid or Inihaw na Pusit is a popular appetizer or pulutan as we call it in Filipino. You will noticed that there are a few variants when preparing and stuffing inihaw na pusit or grilled stuffed squid. This grilled stuffed squid or inihaw na pusit recipe is simple and straightforward.
Juicy Grilled Stuffed Squid step by step
- PREPARE THE SQUID: Wash the squid thoroughly under running water. Pull off the head and tentacles. Squeeze the mouth to remove the beak. Carefully remove the ink sac. Remove the entrails from inside the body including its plastic bone..
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Wash all the vegetables. Peel off the skin of the garlic and red onion and chop finely. Cut the green chili into half (lengthwise), remove the seeds and chop into small pieces. Roughly chop the cilantro leaves. Peel off the skin of the ginger using a spoon and grate it using a cheese grater..
- PREPARE THE STUFFING MIXTURE: In a bowl, combine the garlic, onion, green chili, cilantro, and ginger, then season with salt and pepper. Grab the squid and rub some salt on each side. Stuff each squid with the stuffing mixture. secure with a toothpick so the stuffing will not spill out..
- GRILL THE SQUID (INDOOR): Use a grill pan, preferably a cast-iron one, for indoor grilling. Brush the pan with canola oil and heat over the stove on high heat. When you start to see some smoke, grill the stuffed squid for around 5-6 minutes each side flipping every 2-3 minutes until it is fully cooked. Since the squid head and tentacles require less time to cook, grill them when the stuffed squid is half-cooked. Do not overcook the squid as the texture will be rubbery and chewy..
- PREPARE THE DIPPING SAUCE: Wash the red chili, pull off the stem, chop into small pieces. Cut the lemon or calamansi in half and squeeze into the soy sauce. Add in the sugar and red chili into the soy sauce and mix well..
- PLATING: Cut some horizontal slits on the squid, transfer to a serving plate and then arrange the head with it. Serve it with a side of dipping sauce, steamed rice, and iced-cold drink..
The result was a tasty and tender grilled squid. The stuffing made the dish more appetizing. Grilled stuffed squid or inihaw na rellenong pusit is a dish of marinated squid stuffed with onions and tomato mixture then grilled over live charcoal. Actually you can cooked this squid without putting any stuffing because the marinade is already flavorful. It can be paired with freshly cooked steamed rice together with an ice-cold beverage.