Sweet & Sour Beef Cabbage Soup FUSF. Hide content and notifications from this user. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest, guitarist.
You can cook Sweet & Sour Beef Cabbage Soup FUSF using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet & Sour Beef Cabbage Soup FUSF
- It’s 1 of 7 bone chuck roast, well salted.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of large onions, diced.
- It’s 3 of large carrots, diced.
- You need 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 4 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 head of green cabbage, coarsely shredded.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry red wine.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 (28 oz.) of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of good quality cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar plus 1 tablespoon.
- It’s of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Sweet & Sour Beef Cabbage Soup FUSF step by step
- In large heavy pot heat 2 tbsp. oil until shimmering. Brown the roast on both sides to a deep caramelized finish. Remove beef to a plate and reserve..
- Add remainder of oil and saute all the veggies over medium high heat, about 7 minutes, stirring often..
- Add the garlic and cook one minute. Add tomato paste and stir thoroughly. Cook until slightly caramelized, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until mostly reduced, stirring frequently..
- Add the cabbage and cook for several minutes until slightly wilted. Add all the stock, water and tomatoes..
- Add reserved roast, nestle into the cabbage. Bring to a simmer on high heat, partially covered. Reduce to medium high and cook for about an hour and 15 minutes..