Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce.
You can have Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce
- Prepare 1 of medium tilapia.
- You need of Some salt and black pepper.
- It’s of Potato starch.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 TBS of fish sauce.
- You need 3 Tbs of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 of medium clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of thin slice of ginger minced.
- Prepare 1/2 TBS of potato starch.
- Prepare 1/2 TBS of water.
- Prepare of Some julienned green onion, carrot, ginger.
- It’s of Few sprigs of cilantro.
Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce instructions
- Make few shallow cuts on fish. Dry fish well with paper towel. Especially inside head and belly. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on and inside fish. Let it rest for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up about 2 cups of oil in a 10 inch pan (or big enough for the size of fish, of course more oil) on medium heat for about 10 or more minutes..
- Sprinkle potato starch abundantly on and inside of fish. Shake off excess potato starch. Check oil temperature. Use thermometer or chopstick. Put fish in and fry for 12 to 15 minutes on each side. I had to do this because my pan was little too small for the fish (picture)..
- After finish frying both side, remove fish to a plate. Turn heat down to low. Meanwhile make the sauce..
- Dilute 1/2 TBS potato starch and 1/2 TBS water in a small bowl. Put soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, fish sauce and tomato ketchup in a saucepan. Boil on medium heat while stirring. Add diluted potato starch in, keep stirring until it boils. Remove from stove, add minced garlic and ginger..
- Turn back heat to medium high for the oil pan. Check temperature. When oil is ready, fry fish one more time for crunchiness. About 1 1/2 minute for each side. Remove fish to serving plate..
- Pour sauce over fish. Garnish with some julienned green onion, carrot, ginger and cilantro..
- Serve with hot rice..