Spicy coconut grilled chicken thighs. Prepare a grill for medium heat. Finely grate ginger and garlic into a medium bowl. If you put a big platter of these grilled spicy coconut chicken thighs in front of your friends or family, I guarantee no one will be able to resist.
Bon Appétit shared these a few months ago and I was THERE FOR IT. This means you must bring it to a boil. More of Our Favorite Chicken Thigh Recipes I hope you give this spicy coconut chicken a try. You can have Spicy coconut grilled chicken thighs using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy coconut grilled chicken thighs
- Prepare 1 of 3" piece fresh ginger (minced).
- You need 5 of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- You need 3/4 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of hot chili paste (Sambal Oelek).
- You need 1 3/4 tsp of Morton Kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, plus more for grilling.
- It’s 2 lb of skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cilantro leaves with tender stems.
- Prepare of Lime wedges (for serving).
Transfer onto a small sauce pot. After simmering, take it off the stove and use the marinade to baste the chicken thighs occasionally. Take the chicken thighs off the grill once you see some good grill marks and the chicken is cooked through. Tips and Tricks to Make this Sweet and Spicy Coconut Grilled Chicken:.
Spicy coconut grilled chicken thighs step by step
- In a bowl, add the garlic, ginger, coconut milk, chili paste, lime juice, brown sugar, salt, and the 2 tablespoon of oil. Mix ingredients in bowl until well blended. Add the chicken thighs. Toss to coat. Let sit at least 15-30 minutes or up to 4 hours..
- Get the grill ready. (I prefer cooking outside and grilling these thighs.) 😁 Grill chicken. Once you've transferred all the chicken on the grill, save the excess marinade. Transfer onto a small sauce pot. Bring marinade to a boil and let simmer for 3-5 minutes. After simmering, take it off the stove and use the marinade to baste the chicken thighs occasionally. Take the chicken thighs off the grill once you see some good grill marks and the chicken is cooked through..
- Place chicken on a bed of rice. Top with some Cilantro and some lime juice. Enjoy..
If you're looking for a thicker sauce, feel free to combine equal parts. We're obsessed with this spicy coconut sauce on grilled chicken thighs. I want to find a way to put the sauce on everything. It has the perfect combination of sweet, spicy and fresh with lots of garlic and fresh ginger, coconut milk, a bit of hot chili paste, fresh lime and brown sugar to round out the flavors. This recipe for spicy grilled chicken thighs is adapted slightly from one for Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken from Taste of Home (affiliate link).