Tamarind, Mamey & Sour Sop. What is the difference between Tamarind and Mamey Apple? Find out which is better and their overall performance in the fruit ranking. Preparation Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Probably one of my best discoveries yet! Go on the hunt and pick up some mamey sapote today! Have it with smoothies, ice cream or enjoy it just by itself. You can cook Tamarind, Mamey & Sour Sop using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tamarind, Mamey & Sour Sop
- You need of Tamarind (fruit).
- Prepare of Sour Sop (fruit).
- It’s of Mamey (fruit).
- Prepare 1-2 of organic key limes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Agave (to taste).
- You need of Spring water and Blender.
Mamey sapote (Pouteria sapota) is native to the seasonally dry forests of Mexico and Central America. It was widely distributed in Central America before Columbus and introduced to the Caribbean, South. Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) is a leguminous tree (family Fabaceae) bearing edible fruit that is indigenous to tropical Africa. Information about Mamey Sapote including applications, recipes, nutritional value, taste, seasons, availability, storage, restaurants, cooking, geography and history.
Tamarind, Mamey & Sour Sop instructions
- Peel Tamarind from shell, soak overnight in spring water. Then remove seeds (keep water when done).
- Peel Sour Sop and remove seeds, peel Mamey and remove seeds, peel key limes.
- Put seedless Tamarind, Sour Sop and Mamey into blender along with the spring water from the tamarind juice, Add 2 ”key” limes and agave to your taste. Blend and strain with strainer. (use spoon to mash and move pulp around to assist with straining. Pour and Enjoy!.
The Mamey Sapote occurs naturally in Southern Mexico to Northern Nicaragua, and has been introduced to many tropical countries where it became very popular cultivated fruit. See more ideas about Mamey, Sapote, Tropical fruit recipes. Also known as sapote or zapote mamey is a tropical fruit thatsome people say tastes like. Photo "Mamey Sapote" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. The image is available for download in high resolution quality.