Gyudon beef – Yoshinoya wannabe. Savory and juicy sliced beef served over steamed rice, this delicious Yoshinoya Beef Bowl is a weeknight meal keeper! Gyudon (牛丼) or Beef Bowl is a popular quick meal in Japan. It consists of a bowl of steamed rice topped with thinly sliced beef and tender onion, simmered in a sweet and savory dashi broth seasoned with soy sauce and mirin.
I'm pregnant and i'm craving for this. A japanese friend of mine suggested using sukiyaki sauce for a simpler way since it already has some sake, and mirin. You might not agree with the brands i used here but hey this girl gotta eat. You can cook Gyudon beef – Yoshinoya wannabe using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gyudon beef – Yoshinoya wannabe
- You need of Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 sachet of Dashi.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of mirin.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sukiyaki sauce.
- Prepare of Sauté:.
- It’s of Thin sliced beef with fats.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- You need of Red chili.
- You need of Spring onion.
- You need of Lots and lots of rice.
Gyudon (Beef Bowl) With thinly sliced beef and sweet onions over a bowl of steaming rice, this Gyudon (牛丼), or "beef bowl" is a mouthwatering Japanese classic that comes together in minutes. The secret to tender flavorful beef is to gently simmer the meat in a broth made from dashi, white wine, and sake. Gyudon is also known as Kinnikuman's favorite food. This time, Yoshinoya collaborate with Pokemon.
Gyudon beef – Yoshinoya wannabe step by step
- Mix all the sauce: Dashi, mirin, sugar, sukiyaki sauce. You can use a little bit of dry wine for a little zing but since i’m pregnant i skipped the booze.
- Heat the oil. Add onion, we just want to soften them. Add the beef until cooked thoroughly..
- Pour the mixed sauce into the pan until fragrant. Add some water and correct taste with salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Low heat. I like to leave enough soup to pour over my rice. In this step i might boil an egg or two depending how hungry i am.
- Serve over warm rice. Garnish with ginger, spring onions, chili, whatever you like.
Pokemori set contains beef bowl, fruit juice and random pokemon figure. Thin juicy ribbons of our gyudon beef and yellow onions are slowly simmered in a sweet & savory herb miso soy broth until it's tender, flavorful and totally irresistible. Served with our award-winning steamed rice. Make delicious Yoshinoya Beef Bowl at home, enjoy the savory and juicy sliced beef over steamed rice with this quick and easy recipe. At places like Yoshinoya you can buy a bowl of gyudon in Japan for as little as two dollars, but made at home this recipe is cheap to make and nearly foolproof.