Tahu Bakso (Tofu and Meatballs).
You can have Tahu Bakso (Tofu and Meatballs) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tahu Bakso (Tofu and Meatballs)
- You need 8 of tofu blocks, cut into triangles.
- It’s 250 gr of ground beef.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of katakuriko (or cornflour).
- It’s 1 tsp of grated onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of grated garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare to taste of Crushed black pepper.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Tahu Bakso (Tofu and Meatballs) step by step
- I use Indonesian tofu. It's sometimes soaked in turmeric so the color is yellow. I think this one is tastier, but you can use any kind of firm tofu. Pat dry the tofu with tissue paper or towel..
- Slice the tofu into triangles. Adjust the size to your preference..
- Carefully make a hole in the tofu..
- In the mean time, mix ground beef and other ingredients (except oil) and knead it for a couple of minutes. Add the small part of tofu from step 3 into this and mix well..
- Take some meat mixture and carefully insert some to the tofu, making sure the meat is firm enough..
- Fry in hot oil and flip after the tofu has turned golden brown. Traditionally, we eat this with bird's eye chili but this time I used a mixture of mayo, hot sauce, a bit sugar, and lime..