Homemade hummus + non-refined Tahiti.
You can have Homemade hummus + non-refined Tahiti using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade hummus + non-refined Tahiti
- It’s 1 cup of Organic chickpea(garbanzo beans).
- Prepare 1 cup of Organic unhulled white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 Tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of roasted onion powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
Homemade hummus + non-refined Tahiti step by step
- Soak chickpea in water for 8 ~24 hours. Pressure cook the bean on high heat for 9 minutes (natural relase) or 15 minutes (quick release)..
- While bean is cooking,prepare the homemade taihini by roasting the whilte sesame seeds in a pan on high heat for 3 minutes. Keep stirring and taste testing it every 30 minutes until the raw taste is completely gone. Non-hulled sesame seeds taste stronger than hulled sesame seeds. Naturally they has a hint of bitterness in raw, roasting would reduce that..
- Cool down the sesame seeds. Blend the seeds in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add 1 Tsp of toasted sesame oil at one time and keep blending until everything is homogenized and look like warm peanut butter consistence. Season it with salt. Set aside..
- Now blend the chickpea, finely chopped garlic in a food processor until smooth. Add 1/3 or 1/2 of the tahini you just made. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon. Salt, cumin powder, onion powder. Keep blending it until everything incorporate. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary..
- Great to serve with pita bread as a dip or spread on a sandwich. If loosen it up with pasta water, it cannot be a better vegan version of pasta sauce. Recipe here https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/8063956-pappardelle-with-creamy-hummus-saucevegan?via=sidebar-recipes.