Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce.
You can have Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce
- It’s of For the chicken:.
- It’s 3 lbs of bone-in, skin-on chicken drums and/or thighs, scored twice on the skin side, down to the bone, about 2"long and 1" apart.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Italian dressing (well shaken) + 1 teaspoon garlic salt mixed in a small bowl.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated dry cheese (like Parmesan, Asiago, Manchego, etc…).
- Prepare of For the fresh tomato sauce:.
- You need 2 of baskets grape or cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups).
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of dried Italian herbs OR 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (if needed to round out the acid in the dressing).
Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and dressing mixture and toss gently several times to coat the chicken thoroughly. Take some of the run off dressing mixture and work it into each score. Let the chicken sit while you're preparing the tomato sauce components..
- In your roasting pan, add all the tomato sauce components and give them a few good stirs to evenly distribute all the ingredients and seasonings..
- Lay your chicken skin side up atop the tomato mixture, leaving a little space between the pieces. Make sure to put any leftover marinade into the pan, too..
- Pop the pan into the middle rack of the oven, turn it up to 425F, set the timer for 60 minutes, and sometime in the next 60 minutes, boil whatever pasta you'd like to have with your tomato sauce, drain, toss it with a teaspoon or so of olive oil so it won't stick, and set it aside. I'm a big fan of the cold, shallow water method..
- After 60 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese in equal portions atop the chicken pieces, and put it back on the top rack of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. (Check at the 10 minute mark to see if it's done to your liking or if it could use just a few more minutes in the oven.).
- I like to put the chicken on its own platter and serve the pasta on the side and just spoon the tomato sauce, broth and all, over the pasta..