Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies. We're still using plenty of dark. These Chocolate Chunk Cookies are sweet and buttery with wonderfully crisp edges and yet their centers are soft and chewy. For the chocolate chunks, you can buy them or you can cut up your favorite dark chocolate bar (semi sweet or bittersweet) into small chunks.
For a good distribution of chocolate, don't be afraid to break up some of the buttons into. These Chocolate Chunk Cookies have both White and Dark Chocolate in them for a cookies and cream effect. They're quick and easy to make, and no chilling is required! You can cook Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg (substitute meringue powder if you don’t have eggs).
- It’s 6 of bite size Dove dark chocolate (cut into quarters).
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s Dash of baking soda.
- It’s Tbsp of vanilla extract (water if you use meringue).
I am insanely particular about the texture and thickness of my cookies, and this right here is my perfect bite of cookie. These chocolate chunk cookies are made using brown butter and chunks of milk chocolate. Browning the butter is an extra step, but so worth it You know what happens when you use chunks of chocolate bars instead of chocolate chips in cookies? Why Chocolate Chunk Cookies Taste so.
Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer, cream together sugar and room temperature butter.
- Add egg or meringue substitute, then add pinch of salt, dash of baking soda, and flour until combined (add 1 tbsp of water or vanilla).
- Add chocolate chunks and lightly mix.
- Bake for 12 minutes! Enjoy warm..
If that doesn't sound like the perfect midnight treat, then we don't know what does. Tender, puffy, and fudgy with perfectly crisp edges — these chocolate chunk cookies taste better than Toll House and are more reliable. Perfect Chocolate Chunk Cookies are for the true chocolate lover! I load my cookie recipe with as much chocolate as I can pack into each cookie! The key to making the best chocolate chunk cookies, like I said, is the thickness AND the chocolate you use!