Lemon Garlic Basil Orzo with Grilled Chicken. April showers are swooping in, but they've got nothin' on our bright spring vibe today. The skies might be pouring, but we've got a kitchen full of bright, cheerful lemons and a cute little pot of basil thriving in an indoor pot. Cook the garlic and toast the orzo for a minute until the garlic and thyme are very fragrant and then add the wine to deglaze the pan (scrape the bottom of pan clean).
This plate of Crispy Lemon Feta with Spiced Chickpeas and Basil Orzo is a great easy meatless dinner for any night of the week. Crispy pan-fried feta cheese paired with spiced chickpeas and zucchini and severed over a creamy garlic lemon yogurt and buttery basil orzo. Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oil and basil in a blender or food processor. You can cook Lemon Garlic Basil Orzo with Grilled Chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Garlic Basil Orzo with Grilled Chicken
- You need 3 cups of cooked orzo(1 1/2 cups uncooked).
- It’s .75 oz of fresh basil fine chopped (reserve 3tbsp for service).
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves minced.
- It’s of Zest of 1 large lemon.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need 1/2 cup of peas.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 5 tbsp of unsalted butter lemonade pepper season.
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Add the pasta and the peas and a couple pinches of salt and heat through. Add the basil for a few minutes followed by Parmesan cheese, up to you how much. Taste for salt or additional lemon juice and serve with lemon pepper chicken. Finish with some fresh basil if you have it.
Lemon Garlic Basil Orzo with Grilled Chicken instructions
- Salt your water and boil the orzo until aldente, strain and rinse to stop the cooking..
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to a pan a cook the garlic until fragrant. Add juice of half a lemon and cook for an additional few minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp of butter until the sauce thickens.
- Add the pasta and the peas and a couple pinches of salt and heat through. Add the basil for a few minutes followed by Parmesan cheese, up to you how much. Taste for salt or additional lemon juice and serve with lemon pepper chicken. Finish with some fresh basil if you have it..
Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice, combine zest and juice with oil, basil and garlic in a small bowl. Put chicken breasts between wax paper and pound to an even thickness. I love this question; it's so satisfying to see people's reactions when they learn that orzo isn't a grain, despite the fact that it looks like one. Spoiler: orzo is actually a flat, rice-shaped pasta that's great in soups, salads, or enjoyed as is. Although orzo can be cooked like rice and has similar nutritional information, it cooks up in about half the time.