Sweet and sour pork in one pan. Sweet and Sour Pork is a Cantonese dish (咕嚕肉 or gū lō yuk) where tender pieces of pork are deep fried until crispy and then stir fried with vegetables and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce. Its characteristic orange-red color comes from ketchup, which makes it especially appealing to kids and. You can choose pork butt (pork shoulder) or pork belly to make this sweet and sour pork.
This is a channel of my cooking, my hobby, and something fun. I'm a Japanese who is living in foreign country and would like to share with you. For sweet and sour pork, I like to use pork shoulders (or pork butt) because of the marbling of fat within the meat. You can cook Sweet and sour pork in one pan using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour pork in one pan
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of pork loin cut into 1-2 inch cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 cup vegetable or canola oil.
- You need of —————————————-.
- Prepare of Sauce: (This is the best sauce I have ever made!).
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic minced.
- Prepare of (I omitted the 1 tablespoon ginger minced).
Add the meat in when the oil is hot, careful not to overcrowd the pan. Sweet and Sour Pork with crisp pork, bell peppers, and pineapple chunks for sweet and tangy flavors you'll love. Dredge pork in flour mixture to fully coat. Add pork cubes and cook, turning as needed, for.
Sweet and sour pork in one pan instructions
- Start the Rice before you cook the Pork.
- In a large zip top bag, toss the pork pieces with the cornstarch well so every piece is covered. Set aside..
- Add all the "Sauce" ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large pan over medium- high heat..
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork and fry on medium-high heat until crispy and golden. Toss the pieces to make sure you cook them evenly. Cook until golden and crispy, about 7-10 minutes..
- Drain excess oil from pan..
- Give the sauce a quick stir, as some ingredients are on the bottom of the bowl, and add it to the pan..
- Stir to coat well the pork for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until sauce has thickened..
- If the sauce is not as thick as you want, mix separately 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the pan. (never had this issue).
- Wait for the sauce to start to boil, after that remove the pan from heat..
- Serve immediately with rice..
- Sorry for no picture, but it didn't hag around long enough after cooking..
Add the pork to the frying pan and coat everything evenly with the sauce. Making sweet and sour sauce is easier than you think. It is composed of sugar, vinegar, and ketchup. The sauce provides flavor to the entire dish. Combine the flour and cornstarch in a bowl then mix until both ingredients are evenly distributed.