Sweet and Sour Chicken. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. You can have Sweet and Sour Chicken using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast cut into pieces.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of cornstarch plus 2 tablespoons divided.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 can of pineapple chunks.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of white onion chopped.
- You need 4 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of minced ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of ketchup.
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp.
Sweet and Sour Chicken instructions
- In a large bowl combine chicken, soy sauce, egg and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Marinate in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Place remain cornstarch on bowl and toss chi chicken pieces into it.
- Heat oil on frying pan to 350 degrees.
- Fry chicken until golden brown; remove from oil and sat to the side.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in medium frying pan (I used a Dutch oven).
- Saute bell pepper and onion until tender.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Add vinegar, sugar, and ketchup; bring to a boil.
- Add pineapple chunks.
- Add chicken and toss to coat; remove from heat.
This takes some time in preparation but you can also use frozen chicken. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the.