Grilled Turkey Breast. Cooking turkey on a gas grill seals in the juices and creates a crisp, browned skin that's difficult to achieve in the oven without overcooking the breast itself. In an unexpected flavor twist, traditional turkey breast hits the grates for a moist, smoky main dish. Cooked with wood chips and seasoned with McCormick thyme, sage, garlic powder and paprika, it's a guaranteed holiday hit – for many celebrations to come.
Years ago we started adding a whole grilled turkey breast along with a whole roasted turkey on Thanksgiving. I have a nice size group with my brother and sister in law, their family and ours, but as time went on we started to realize everyone likes to eat only. Add turkey breast; turn to coat. You can cook Grilled Turkey Breast using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Turkey Breast
- It’s 7 pounds of Bone-in Turkey Breast- about.
- Prepare of Salt-TT.
- You need of Pepper-TT.
- Prepare TBS of Poultry Seasoning-2.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dry Celery Leaves-.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic Powder-.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion- cut large chunks.
- Prepare of Butter- 1 stick softened.
Prepare grill for indirect medium heat, using a drip pan. Home » Entrees » Grilled Turkey Breast. Place turkey in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine the next five ingredients; pour over turkey.
Grilled Turkey Breast instructions
- Preheat gas grill on medium high heat..
- Take a fully thawed turkey breast out of it's packaging. Rinse with clean water and pat dry. Place on cutting board or work station. Make sure the cavity is empty of gravy packet or anything else..
- After mixing dried seasoning together put about.25 of them in the cavity plus the onion..
- Truss turkey breast if needed..
- Rub the remaining herbs over entire turkey breast..
- Pinch butter into small pieces and insert under skin..
- Put turkey breast into an aluminum throwaway pan that can hold 7 pounds and cover with foil..
- Make sure half the grill is turned off and the heat is running about 350*. Put turkey and pan on the side that is off. Close lid..
- Cook for about 5 hours or until at least 170*. Be sure to baste every 30-60 minutes. I flipped mine over when a side would start getting dark brown..
- About 30 min before turkey is finished cooking baste one last time and take aluminum foil off and finish cooking..
- Turn grill and gas off and leave turkey in grill while it cools..
I used dried basil instead of fresh and red wine vinegar instead of lemon juice. Season the turkey breasts with salt and pepper. If you brined the turkey breasts, you will most likely not need to salt the outside of your turkey breasts. You can season them in other ways, if you want; some ideas are to the right. I seasoned these with fresh-cracked black pepper and a little vegetable oil.