Baked Chicken Tacos. Chicken Tacos are the perfect EASY weeknight dinner. These OVEN BAKED chicken tacos have lots of flavor and none of the stress. The ultimate recipe for serving a crowd.
Season chicken with chili powder mixture. Baking the tacos makes it easier to prepare a dozen or two tacos at once. For the chicken, Any cooked and shredded or chopped chicken will do. You can have Baked Chicken Tacos using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Tacos
- You need 1 pkg. of Stand & Stuff Taco Shells (10 count).
- You need 2 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of taco seasoning (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper etc).
- Prepare 1 can of Rotel, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Toppings: sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, taco sauce.
Rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken works great. These baked chicken tacos are loaded with seasoned chicken, cheese and salsa. The perfect easy dinner for a busy day! I don't know about you, but my family would eat tacos for every meal if I let them!
Baked Chicken Tacos instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook chicken topped with taco seasoning and shred. (I used Instapot). Add can of drained Rotel and mix..
- Place taco shells in a 9×13 baking dish. Place in oven for 5 minutes to crisp slightly..
- Carefully spoon refried beans into bottom of shells..
- Divide 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese amongst all tacos..
- Pack each with chicken mixture..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted..
- Set up topping station of desired ingredients..
These baked chicken tacos are an easy dinner that the family is sure to love, with minimal effort on your part. The actual process for making the baked chicken tacos is super easy. Simply microwave the corn tortillas to make them pliable, fill one half with toppings, fold and cover with the second baking sheet, and bake. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, taco seasoning and salt. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk.