Authentic Thai Fried Rice.
You can cook Authentic Thai Fried Rice using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic Thai Fried Rice
- You need 12 of Thai chiles, sliced (for the Prik Nam Pla).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Thai fish sauce (for the Prik Nam Pla).
- You need 4 tbsp of lime juice (for the Prik Nam Pla).
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, minced (for the Prik Nam Pla).
- You need 1 of shallot, chopped (for the Prik Nam Pla).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of canola or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 8 ounces of chicken cut in 1/2-inch cubes.
- You need 4 cups of cooked rice, preferably Thai jasmine rice that has been prepared 24 hours in advance.
- It’s 4 of eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 8 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 bunch of scallions, both white and green parts, chopped.
- You need 1 of white onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of tomato, chopped.
- It’s 1 of fresh lime.
- It’s 5 of Kaffire lime leaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s Pinch of sugar (if needed).
Authentic Thai Fried Rice instructions
- Combine all ingredients of the prik nam pla into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water evaporates upon contact..
- Add the oil and swirl, then add the onion and chicken. Stir-fry until lightly colored, about two minutes..
- Add the garlic and stir-fry until golden, about 30 seconds..
- Pour in the beaten egg. Stir-fry until scrambled, then add the rice..
- Cook the rice — scooping it up and pressing it into the pan, then scooping it up again — for about two minutes..
- Add the prik nam pla (all for max spiciness, less for less spicy), oyster sauce, basil, tomato and scallions. Stir together for about a half-minute..
- Serve, garnishing each plate with cilantro and a squirt of lime..