Mexican Rice. If you're looking for a Mexican Rice recipe that will be "the star of the show," this is not the recipe. I'm a big believer in the accoutrements that come with food—the sides, the sauces, the extras, the add-ons, the toppings—the trappings that make the dish a MEAL. The BEST, truly authentic Mexican rice is an easy recipe to make for a crowd and it's a necessary side dish for all of your favorite Mexican recipes.
However, I have used Jasmine Rice in its place and it comes out fine. This easy Mexican Rice from Delish.com is a vegetable-loaded delight. Make it as a side with tacos or fajitas, or make it a main and top it with chicken and a fried egg! You can have Mexican Rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- It’s 2 cups of white rice.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s of Butter.
Our Easy Restaurant-style Mexican Rice rivals anything you can get in a restaurant. It has the perfect consistency and just the right amount of seasoning. This is delicious and simple Mexican rice recipe rivals anything you can get in a restaurant. It is far better than anything you can make from a box.
Mexican Rice step by step
- Add butter to sauce pan (to your liking). Cook bell pepper for a few minutes..
- Add rice and cook till brown (add butter or water to help cook).
- Add tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, & pepper (all too your liking)..
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Good ol' basic Mexican rice—just begging to be served with refried beans and white chicken enchiladas. Note: a sprinkle of turmeric stirred in will give the rice a lovely golden color. Now, be sure to taste the rice—make sure the seasonings are right. Add salt and/or more cumin, if necessary. Mexican Rice II "Easy to make and very well received.