泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO). This is a dish that is easy to make and satisfying to eat. Definitely a must order for me every time I visit a Thai restaurant. The key is high heat giving a good sear on the minced pork before adding the rest of the sauces to give it that charred flavour.
I will show you my own Pad Kra Pao recipe, how easy and quickly you can make it yourself at home. Love to cook it with vegetables. Fry the garlic and chilli with the oil in a wok or pot until the garlic becomes golden, but not too much golden. You can cook 泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO)
- You need of – ground pork.
- You need of – of basil leaves (sweet basil works too).
- It’s of – long beans (cut into 1 inche).
- It’s of – chilli padi.
- You need of – shallots (optional).
- It’s of – minced garlic (optional).
- Prepare of – Oyster sauce (I used organic mushroom sauce).
- Prepare of – Soy sauce (I used coconut aminos).
- Prepare of tablespoon – fish sauce.
- It’s of – brown sugar (I used cane sugar).
- Prepare of White pepper.
- You need of Sesame oil.
Fry the minced meat first and a little after the onions. Thai basil minced pork is one of my favorite Thai recipes. It's such a simple dish but still full of flavor. Score the skin of the pork belly and rub the fats with salt.
泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO) instructions
- Heat the pan with oil (I don't like it too oily hence I only used 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of oil) once heat is up add in garlic, shallots and chilli (if you are too lazy to cut garlic and shallots you may just add in chilli).
- Added in ground pork – stir fry till its about 70% cooked then add the long beans.
- Once the pork is about done, start adding seasoning.
- 2.5 tablespoons – Oyster sauce >>> 1 tablespoon – Soy sauce >>> Half tablespoon – fish sauce >>> 2.5 tablespoons – brown sugar >>> some white pepper.
- Continue to stir fry the pork with the seasonings. Taste and adjust accordingly, you can add a few tbs of water in if its too dry or too salty.
- Then add in the basil and stir fry until the basil is well incorporated and turn darker in color then off the heat..
- Drizzled in the sesame oil. I serve mine with a bowl of rice and sunny side up 😋😋.
Grill until it is golden brown and crispy. Smash chillies and garlic with a mortar and pestle. Pad kra pao gai is a delicious traditional dish from Thailand consisting of chicken perfumed with sacred basil and chili. Since holy basil is a bit harder to find in Asian stores than Thai basil, it is possible to use Thai basil in the ka pao gai pad recipe. Second recipe from the thai cuisine series : Thai Basil Minced Pork – Pad Kra Pao!