Tomato Pie Batch 3. Add swiss cheese slices on top. Put gouda in chunks in bare spots. This is a genuine British. little.
The Best Tomato Pie – Tastes Better From Scratch A savory summertime Tomato Pie made by layering tomatoes slices, basil onion and a cheese spread into a pie crust and baking it until golden and bubbly. Tomato pie is a summer must have! Use sunny tomatoes that are firm but not too ripe so the results are delicious rather than too juicy. —Lois Morgan, Edisto Beach, South Carolina. You can cook Tomato Pie Batch 3 using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Pie Batch 3
- Prepare of Pie.
- It’s 5 of large vine ripened tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of caramelized onions see my recipe.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s As needed of salt.
- You need As needed of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Crust.
- It’s 2-1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare 8 ounces of swiss cheese sliced.
- Prepare 3 ounces of gouda cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced black ripened olives.
Tomato pie is a summer must have! Use sunny tomatoes that are firm but not too ripe so the results are delicious rather than too juicy. Lay the pie crust into the prepared tart pan. Spread mixture over the bottom of the pie crust to completely cover.
Tomato Pie Batch 3 step by step
- Grat the butter. Add the flour to a bowl add the garlic and onion powder. Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit..
- Mash the butter into the flour. Should look kinda like sand. Add warm water and stir in well..
- Add the dough to an oven safe pan. Push down covering the bottom. If sticky and clinging to your fingers wet your hands and continue to press it in. Bake in ove 15-20 minutes. Add tomato slices on top. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add caramelized onions randomly. Add swiss cheese slices on top..
- Put gouda in chunks in bare spots. Add to oven for 20 minutes. Take out of oven add olives and put into oven for 45 minutes..
- It's ready. Cut and serve I hope you enjoy!! Oh did I mention it is vegetarian?.
Lay tomato slices over the mustard mixture, covering the bottom of the crust. Ready to eat Defrost in fridge overnight. Scatter the scallion mixture around, but not on top of, the tomatoes. A simple pleasure of thick, soft crust, and sweet, tangy tomato sauce. I've updated (and vastly improved) my old recipe for Tomato Pie, and could not be happier.