Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not. Enjoy Our Tasty Butternut Squash Bisque Made with Apple and Cinnamon! Great recipe for Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not. I used to not like eating squash, as I didn't like the texture.
This is by far the best vegan Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup ever. This dump and stir soup blends the nutty butternut squash and sweet tangy apples with a hint of fall spice, making it celebration worthy. Plus learn how to cut a butternut squash. You can cook Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not
- You need 1 of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 pc of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- Prepare 1 spoonful of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- You need 1 spoonful of sliced ham (optional).
- Prepare 1 spoonful of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- You need 1 of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 of dollops cream (optional).
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of coconut cream (optional).
Welcome the cool weather with some of our top-rated squash soup recipes. Creamy golden comfort in a bowl. Pumpkin Chipotle Soup "This is a wonderful, quick soup that works as a main dish!" – Chris. Serve this one with warm tortillas.
Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not step by step
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
Most Made Today Or you can change it up a bit to make it more customized. It's a fantastic base recipe to one of the most quick Holiday soup recipes out there. And best of all, it's not too rich and wonderfully healthy. Love butternut squash soup but was particularly pleased with the addition of the red pepper. Instead of garlic I minced a piece of peeled ginger – about a one inch chunk – and instead of sugar I chopped up two medium sized peeled apples and added them with the squash, onions, etc.