Dry Rub Ribs On The Grill. Find Deals on Killer Hogs Bbq Rub in Outdoor Cooking on Amazon. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Mix the sugar, paprika, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
It was my first time using a dry rub for baby back ribs. I used the rub without the ground mustard and cayenne pepper but I substitute the cayenne pepper for chili pepper. I let the dry rub marinate on the ribs over night and I grilled the ribs this morning and they turned out great without barbeque sauce. You can cook Dry Rub Ribs On The Grill using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dry Rub Ribs On The Grill
- Prepare of Pork Ribs.
- Prepare of Liquid Smoke.
- You need of Sea Salt.
- You need of Greek Seasoning.
- You need of Famous Daves Rib Rub.
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except the ribs. Rub spice mixture all over the ribs. Baby back ribs, seasoned with a cumin, chili powder, and paprika spice rub, are slow-cooked on your grill over indirect heat until fall-off-the-bone tender. Ingredients for Dry Rub for Ribs.
Dry Rub Ribs On The Grill step by step
- Remove the thin membrane on the back side of the rack of ribs. Don’t lose your mind over this, but it will allow the flavor to get into both sides of the ribs..
- Cut rack in half. I’m using 1-1/2 racks or 3 section. I will freeze the other half. Pat the ribs dry on both sides with a paper towel..
- Apply the seasonings in the order shown in the photo, Left to right. Start with the back side. Rub the seasoning in, then flip and repeat. Hint: I use a spritzer bottle to apply my liquid smoke..
- Once both side are completed, they should look like this..
- Now it's time to let the seasoning do it's magic. You will need some wax paper, scotch tape and a large ziplock bag..
- Place the ribs on the wax paper and wrap it up like a Christmas present. Well kinda. I was never good at wrapping presents. So this looks about right for my skill set..
- Once wrapped, put them in the ziplock bag and throw them in the fridge for at least an hour..
- Heat your grill to about 400 degrees. Once up to temp, place your ribs on the top rack and flip them every 10 mins for about an hour. Internal temp to about 185 degrees.
- Cut the slabs into individual ribs and serve right away. Enjoy.
This spice blend is the perfect mix of sweet and savory. No matter how you cook your ribs this is the rub you want to use. The base of a good rib rub is your sugar and then you build it out from there. We added in smoked paprika for a boost of wood fired flavor in case you aren't smoking your ribs. Once the grill's heat is stable, I put the beef slabs on the grill with the bone side down.