Vegetarian Eggplant Parmigiana With A Side Of Spaghetti Squash Noodles. Brush cut sides of squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from oven and let cool. Dip sliced eggplant into egg mixture then into bread crumbs and immerse into hot coconut oil until golden brown.
Enjoying a vegetarian entrée on Mondays, like this Spaghetti Squash Eggplant Parmesan, will not only help you to eat more vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and dietary fiber but also help to reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease, and stroke – the nation's leading killer diseases. Don't settle for limp, boring salad or frozen garlic bread on the side of your spaghetti dinner. From crisp vegetables to classic antipasto such as bruschetta, we have you covered. You can cook Vegetarian Eggplant Parmigiana With A Side Of Spaghetti Squash Noodles using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Eggplant Parmigiana With A Side Of Spaghetti Squash Noodles
- It’s 1 of Eggplant.
- You need 1 of Spaghetti Squash.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- It’s of Marinara Sauce.
- You need of Eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- You need to taste of Crushed peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of seasoned Italian bread crumbs.
I cut the eggplant into smaller pieces for us so they would fit better in the dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Spray baking sheet with olive oil spray and place squash cut sides down on sheet.
Vegetarian Eggplant Parmigiana With A Side Of Spaghetti Squash Noodles instructions
- Wash both eggplant and squash then cut squash in half longways and take seeds out..
- Then season squash with a drizzle of olive oil 1/2 tsp of pepper and 1/2 tablespoon of salt on inside of both halves of squash inside..
- Next preheat oven to 400 degrees and put them face down for 40 min..
- Season eggs with 1/2 tsp of the following: salt, pepper, italian seasoning. Next slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick rounds..
- Heat coconut oil in a deep skillet. Dip sliced eggplant into egg mixture then into bread crumbs and immerse into hot coconut oil until golden brown. Continue process until all eggplant is done..
- Take cooked spaghetti squash and flip right side up take a fork and begins the shredding it will begin to look like short spaghetti strands. I like to use the same pan I baked it in to shred it. I season it with salt pepper and Italian seasoning top with marinara, mix and set aside..
- Then serve by putting 2 eggplants overlapping each other top with marinara and cheese. Lastly but the Squash on the side and top with cheese..
Pierce squash in several places with knife. Slice off stem and blossom ends, and stand squash upright. Cut straight down length of squash. And we're keeping things delicious with this gluten-free hearty "pasta" recipe made with butternut squash noodles. Make a large serving as a main dish, adding in chickpeas or any other plant-based protein, or enjoy it as a side.