You can have Classic Hummus using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Hummus
- Prepare of Juice from 1 lemon.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tahini.
- It’s 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of cold water + more as needed.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well.
Classic Hummus step by step
- Place everything except for the chickpeas into a food processor and puree together until smooth. Then add in the chickpeas and puree for 3-4 minutes, pausing to scrape down the sides as needed. If it's too thick, add in more cold water a tbsp at a time while it's processing until it reaches your desired consistency. Then taste, and adjust to suit your taste, if necessary..
- That's it! Serve it up, add some toppings if you'd like (like a drizzle more of olive oil or some paprika or sumac) and store leftover dip in the fridge for up to 3 days..